Skunk Rehabber - North Alabama Wildlife Rehabilitators: 256-723-7890
Free Madison County Animal Services: (256) 532-1519
Wildlife Trapping by A B Wildlife Removal LLC: 256-517-7870
If you need skunk control in Huntsville, you have a few options. First, you can attempt to solve the skunk problem yourself
by reading our do-it-yourself guide. If you need outside help,
you can also call Madison County Animal Services to see if they have any free resources or help for you - however, they primarily deal with dog and cat concerns. You can also call a local Huntsville wildlife rehabber,
as they are typically a great resource for advice that is in the best welfare of the animal. If as a last resort you must hire a professional company, we recommend A B Wildlife Removal LLC in Huntsville.
Huntsville Skunk Trapping and Removal
Preventative Repairs & Exclusion
Huntsville Skunk Removal From Structures
In many cases, preventative measures can solve your Huntsville skunk problem - keep garbage secured, pet food indoors, and most of all when it comes to skunks, secure the perimeter of your shed, porch, deck, or house
with a barrier - lattice or steel mesh is good, and it keeps Alabama skunks from going under the structure. If trapping and removal of the skunk is the only option you have, please do so with the help of a local
agency or professional company who knows how to do it humanely and legally. Browse the resources of this site for more educational information.
Huntsville Skunk Control Information: Natural Remedies for eliminating skunks
- Skunks come out at night in order to hunt. This means they are aboard of light. In order to keep them off, you need to invest in good lighting. You can use solar lighting in order to save the energy bills.
- You need to fill in all the holes and seal places, which lead to logs and piles of woods in your home. You should not have any place, which shall attract skunks to make a home.
- Harassing. You can scare away the skunk using the harassing method.
- Reduce food and other attractants. You need to dispose wastes well, cover your lids, and ensure that you do not have litter lying around.
- Using repellents. You should use repellents like ammonia, dog urine and citrus fruits on vegetables and other places in the garden to keep them off.
- Create odors. There are different orders, which will scare away the skunks and some will include pepper, dog urine, fox urine and ammonia. Place them in different places, and you will notice that the skunks will no longer visit your place.
Skunks do not like water, and the moment they are exposed to water, they will run. You have the chance of interesting in the actively, controlled and sensor sprinklers. They will activate when the skunks are in the compound. The sprinklers will unleash water, and this shall send the skunks away. Place sprinklers all over the garden in order to have them effective in spraying skunks, which are running in different directions. Sprinklers also have a sound, which will tick off when the sensors are activated. This will send the skunks in a panic mode, and they will run out of your garden. Choose a sprinkler, which has active motion sensors in order to work effectively.Fencing
You need to have a good fence, which shall keep the skunks away from entering into your compound. You need to make sure that you have a fence, which they cannot dig under and get into your garden. You also need to invest in the sprinkling power, which will be all round your fence and shall act as a deterrent. Skunks do not kike chili and once they notice it, they shall not come close to your garden. This is a good preventative measure, which is effective to keeping the skunks off your garden.